Who we are
We are an award-winning, full-service software delivery agency from Zagreb, Split, and Frankfurt. Our Engineering team is made of industry veterans and ever-growing tech enthusiasts, which guarantee your personal growth alongside our amazing projects. This time we are looking for a Senior Java/Kotlin Engineer (m/f/t), who will join our ranks!
The Java/Kotlin Engineer will join a team of highly skilled developers working on scalable web applications within an agile environment, working fully remotely if desired.
As a Senior Java/Kotlin Engineer, you will be joining a highly dynamic team of agile senior developers responsible for building high-quality backend components.
As well as being a strong Java Developer you will have the initiative and incentive to work in a complex environment involving multiple integration points and collaboration with other teams.
If you feel that this is the sort of environment in which you could flourish and would like to know more please apply.
The right one
Who are we looking for?
- At least 5+ years of experience working in back-end development
- Experience in writing JVM based software, primarily in Kotlin and Java
- Familiar with common backend engineering concepts, patterns, and technologies like SQL (PostgreSQL), NoSQL (DynamoDB), Message Queueing (SQS), Publish & Subscribe (SNS & Apache Kafka), Twelve-Factor App, Serverless (AWS Lambda), and Containerized (Docker) workloads
- Basic understanding of networking: UDP vs TCP vs HTTP
- A strong testing culture is a must
- Strong interest in Cloud Architecture / Distributed Systems
- Interest in working with hardware
- Good conceptual skills in developing solution designs, documenting, and implementing them in software
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Python and Linux/Unix shell know-how
- C experience in working with hardware
- Strong Gradle knowledge
- German language is a plus
- Experience in writing and operating containerized software services on top of Kubernetes, AWS ECS, AWS Fargate or Docker
- Experience with working in an agile environment
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and decent algorithmic knowledge
- Excellent time-management skills
- Open-minded team player, taking end-to-end responsibility to get things done
- Curious and never afraid of learning to master new tools, technologies, and methodologies
Collaborate with Product Owner (PO) and Software Architects (SA) to produce Solution Design Document (SDD) which enables effort estimations and planning of implementation work (story break down).
Participate in agile software development activities (e.g. stand-ups, planning meetings, demos. retrospectives).
Give out reviews
Review and discuss Solution Design Documents written by teammates.
Integrate with a smile
Implement software components and services including testing and writing technical documentation according to continuous integration best practices.
Deploy like a pro
Deploy software services to different (development, testing, and production) environments using continuous deployment practices, operate and maintain those deployments according to the principles of Site Reliability Engineering.
Collaborate with Product Owner (PO) to break down Epics into Stories based on the Solution Design Document (SDD).
Approve (or not)
Review and approve Merge respectively Pull Request created by teammates.